I am a professional, experienced and compassionate Counsellor/Supervisor, eager to help you to be the best you can be.
Experience of offering long-term and brief therapy in the NHS, a multitude of agencies within the voluntary sector, and in private practice.
The counselling work that I offer is predominantly Person-Centred/Integrative. My core counselling training is in Humanistic Psychotherapy (based on personal growth and self development). I endeavour to offer you the core conditions described by Carl Rogers as empathic understanding, congruence and unconditional positive regard.
I have been trained in various approaches, including CBT, Psychodynamic theory, Solution-Focussed Brief Therapy and Transactional Analysis, which I will be able to draw on in our therapeutic work together if you believe these approaches may help you.
I believe in tailoring our therapeutic work to suit your individual needs and particular goals. Therefore, I am able to offer an Integrative approach drawing on numerous other theoretical counselling and psychological approaches to ensure that your individual needs are listened to, understood, and challenged as appropriate.
Face-to-Face and Online Counselling Services
I have achieved a MSc in Counselling Psychology with Distinction, and prior to this I completed a Certificate in Counselling, First Steps in Counselling, and BSc in Psychology & Criminology (dual hons), which has provided me with a sound foundation of theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
I completed further professional training in Online Counselling, recognising the importance to my clients of accessing therapeutic services regardless of boundaries in time and space. I offer e-counselling (asynchronous) and 'live' online counselling (synchronous) sessions. I have gained experience as an Online Counsellor with adults in private practice and also for a national charity working digitally with children and young people.
Face-to-Face and Online Supervision Services
Additionally, I completed training as a Supervisor. I offer face-to-face supervision in the Chester area, as well as online supervision (Individual, Peer, Group) using computer-mediated technology.
- Diploma in Online Counselling (In Progress)
- OCST Online Counselling Supervision Certificate 2 with Distinction (Online Counselling Services and Training)
- OCST Online Counselling Supervision Certificate (Online Counselling Services and Training)
- Certificate in Online Counselling Skills (Online Counselling Services and Training)
- Certificate in Supervision (Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy)
- MSc in Counselling Psychology with Distinction (Keele University)
- Certificate in Counselling (Keele University)
- First Steps in Counselling (Keele University)
- BSc (dual hons) in Psychology and Criminology (Keele University)
- Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) - Reg. MBACP
- Member of the BPS (British Psychological Society) - MBPsS
- Member of ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online)
- Member of ISMHO (International Society for Mental Health Online)
- Associate Member of ABA (Anti-Bullying Alliance)
- Registered with ICO (Independent Commissioner's Office) - Registered Data Controller
I hold current personal liability and professional indemnity insurance.
I work with adults over 18 years old. I have worked in clinical and educational settings, including the NHS as a Counsellor and Counselling Supervisor, and in a multitude of agencies within the voluntary sector, charitable organisations, higher education and further education establishments, and now in private practice.
Ongoing Professional Development:-
I am committed to my ongoing professional development. I strive to keep up-to-date with new research, seek further training to enhance my current knowledge-base and engage in CPD (Continuing and Professional Development) at every available opportunity.
In addition, I hope to continue planning, writing and delivering Training & CPD services.
Some of the CPD completed includes as follows:
- The Science of Happiness (8 weeks, Berkeley University of California)
- Haygarth Lecture: Securing the Emotional Health, Resilience and Wellbeing of Young People (University of Chester)
- World Mental Health Day Conference (1 day, Rethink & Chester PLUS)
- Adapting to & Embracing Change (half day, University of Chester)
- Keeping Children Safe Online (half day webinar, NSPCC)
- Child Protection (half day webinar, NSPCC)
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2 day, Papyrus)
- New to Teaching (2 day training, University of Chester)
- Fresh Start January (1 day wellbeing conference, Green Pages, Chester)
- Sexting and Sextortion: Keeping Kids Safe (half day webinar, Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention)
- Creativity and Innovation: Enhancing Learning Staff Conference (1 day, University of Chester)
- Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy Conference: An Understanding of the Self (1 day, MIP)
- Community Care Live 2011 (2 days workshops, keynotes and networking)
- Palliative Care (3 day course, NHS)
- MAPA (Managing Actual and Potential Aggression) - Personal Safety/Conflict Resolution (Breakaway) (1 day course, NHS)
- CAMHS Tier 1 Training - Understanding the Mental Health of Children and Young People (2 day training, CAMHS)
- Changes Wellbeing Workshop (8 weeks, Changes)
- OCN Accredited Changes Volunteer Coordinator training (17 weeks, Changes)
- CISM: Awareness & Understanding (half day training, NHS)
- CISM: Defusing Skills in Practice (half day training, NHS)
- Changes Recovery Workshop (7 weeks, Changes)
- Dementia Care training (2 day training, NHS)
- Psychosis (half day training, NHS)
- E-Mentor training (half day training, Aimhigher)
- Aimhigher Associate Mentor training (3 day induction training, Aimhigher)
- CISM (Critical Incident Stress Management) debriefing (5 day Foundation course)
- Counselling & Psychiatric Nursing ('Horizons' workshop, NHS)
- Assertiveness & Communication Skills (half day workshop, NHS)
- Assertiveness in Practice (half day workshop, NHS)
- Keele University 2nd Counselling Psychology Conference: Crossing Borders (weekend workshops, Keele University)
- Solution Focused Approaches (3 day course, NHS)
- Basic Awareness of Substance Misuse (1 day course, NHS)
- Keele University 1st Counselling Psychology Conference: Things Unsaid (weekend workshops, Keele University)
- Information Governance/Data Protection Awareness (half day training, NHS)
- Stress Management (4 day course, NHS)
Roxana has conducted in-depth qualitative research, written papers and presentations on varied subjects relating to Counselling Psychology and undertaken public speaking on numerous occasions. Below are a few of Roxana's professional achievements, including:
- Nominated and Shortlisted for Above & Beyond Awards 2015 as 'Outstanding Non-Academic Support Staff' at University of Chester
- Nominated 'Unsung Hero'
- Nominated 'Ms. Congeniality'
- Published as Bullying Expert in Charlie Plunkett's book '100 Little Words on Parenthood'.
- Nominated and Shortlisted for Mental Healthy Hero Awards 2012 as 'Professional Hero -Therapist'
- Invitation to present my MSc in Counselling Psychology research thesis to prospective MSc research students in 2008 and 2009
- Delivering a presentation at an NHS away day about 'Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder' in 2008
- MSc in Counselling Psychology thesis, 'Counsellors' Experiences of Bullying: An Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis' in 2008
- Speaker at Keele University's 2nd annual Counselling Psychology conference about 'Crossing Borders' in June 2008
- Presentation about 'Confidence Building' to Keele Musicians' Society members in 2007 and 2008
- Speaker at Keele University's 1st annual Counselling Psychology conference regarding 'Things Unsaid' in May 2007
- BSc Criminology thesis, 'The Experiences and Consequences of Victimization' in 2005
- BSc Psychology thesis, 'The Experiences and Consequences of Being Bullied at School, and the Coping Strategies Employed' in 2005 for which I received a Distinction (BSc 2:1 overall)